Now this instrument is something all music producers should look into. I’m a big fan of funky looking musical instruments and the electric cello is definitely one of them.
So before we get into the nitty gritty and fun stuff, one thing that you need to make sure is more than apparent with your electric cello is . . . quality.
An electric cello like most stringed instruments, comes with a few fragile parts and the sound sometimes depends on the materials used. The overall build quality and the materials used in the components used in a cello can really make a difference.
So bottom line, make sure quality is the first thing which comes to mind when you decide to hunt for an electric cello. Some may not include a cello bow so make sure you double check that part.
Especially if you are a beginner. After all, you want an instrument that is going to last you long enough.
Anyways, let’s have a look at some of the most popular electric cellos in the market today. Keep in mind as with any electric instrument, you would need an amplifier or a set of headphones to hear what you are playing.
Leech Electric Cello
- Professional pick-up system:German brand "Shadow" advanced pickup system,ours and Yamahas' are the same level,we are the unique company in amazon which can offer professional quality with the medium price.(you will get 1 electri cello not 5)
- Professional pick-up:Made in Germany .high fidelity, high sensitivity, low noise Update the new version of the white noise suppression circuit with no electronic noise. Array technology multi-level dynamic noise reduction processing maintains a comprehensive capture of complete, clear voice sound.with advanced tuners of volume and tone, sockets of line out, mic and phone, on-off.
- With patented coloring technology of locating and docking the networks of pigment and wood, leeche makes traditional electric cellos more beautiful and individualized,materials: 2.4 inches deep quality plywood body, maple neck, ebony fingerboard and fittings, aluminum alloy tailpiece, professional pick-up system, stainless steel and ebony endpin
- Leeche electric-cello provides cellists of all levels with the ability to practice confidently without disturbing others. Whether you're practicing, recording in studio or performing on stage, the leeche electric cello outfit offers excellent functionality and style.
- 1 Year Warranty Against Manufacturer's Defects.Powered by a 9v alkaline battery (not included).includes:1x Electric Cello,1 x lightweight oxford soft bag, 1 x bow, 1 x 4m aux cable,extra bridge and set of strings
These days, it’s already rare to find anything handmade so when we came across this electric cello, needless to say we were pretty blown away. A beautiful instrument that sounds incredible as well. At least that’s what the general consensus seems to be. Before we dive even deeper, just this one simple fact will rock your world…
The bow is made from real Mongolian horse hair.
Are you kidding me?
That just attests to this electric cellos quality. Let’s begin with the look and the aesthetic side of things first.
Look is absolutely beautiful. There’s no ifs and buts about. it also comes in various additional colors which we think is unnecessary because it’s just such a phenomenal instrument.
That said we really appreciate the options though. This electric cello uses patented technology and good chunks of it are made in Germany.
Need we say more?
Anyways, a great electric cello for beginners and kids as well. If you are just starting out, this may be just what you’ve been looking for.
Harmonia Electric Cello
- Electric cello 4/4,H shape frame body
- sparkle gloss black finish, a maple bridge
- It has ebony tuning pegs, metal tailpiece with 4 fine tuners,1 tone and 1 volume
- with headphone, cable & 9V battery, a bow, rosin & a black gig bag
- overall length 49" , scale length 27" , body depth 2" & largest width of the body 7"
This is one sleek looking electric cello made by the Harmonia group. If one of the transformers ever decided to play the electric cello, it would be this model right here. It comes with a few accessories as well which always helps but so far, the feedback (Of the product) has been hit and miss. Seems like there were some shipping issues when some people tried to get it but overall, if the product arrives well, you shouldn’t have any issues. We recommend this electric cello at this point because the sound it creates is solid.
Cecilio Electric Cello
- Size 4/4 electric cello with hand-carved maple wood & black metallic varnish in style 4 (full size)
- Ebony fingerboard, pegs and tailpiece with mother of pearl inlay and 4 detachable fine tuners
- Powered by a 9V Alkaline battery (included)
- Includes: well padded lightweight soft-case, bow, rosin, aux cable, & headphones
- 1 Year Warranty Against Manufacturer's Defects
You know you got a great beginner product in your hand when it’s actually recommended by experienced cellists. In fact, it’s actually used for proper music production as well. Since this Cecilio electric cello is so lightweight and the sound is so good, you literally take it to your buddy’s place or a real studio and record what you need to. Some have even reported to have this little baby around for more than a year. A great option for beginners and perhaps a backup for the professional player who just wants to practice on this.