Today we’re going to talk about pop filters. There are a couple of different kinds of pop filters and we want to see which one is the most effective and right for you.
A pop filter’s job is to remove or reduce breathing noises, pops and clicks sounds that usually occur when you are recording.
You can use editing techniques to minimize this but if you have a pop filter, you wouldn’t have to worry about these kinds of annoyances.
To get the best results from any pop filter, make sure you run a few tests using your microphone and your audio interface. Once you get the settings right, then it’s all about sticking to it and continue recording your music, podcast or whatever.
Let’s have a look at the best pop filters on the market today
Earamble Pop Filter
- 【Two-screen Pop Filters】 The first screen blocks air blasts as any pop filter normally would; The gap in between then disperses any remaining air pressure, so by the time it passes the second screen, the blast is easily contained.Efficiently reduce the plosive, wind interference, saliva spraying during your recording or broadcasting, get a clear and loud sound.
- 【Adjustable Gooseneck】The pop filter has a flexible 360° gooseneck clip stabilizing arm that can support its own weight and enough to hold the microphone stand and the inner rubber ring is perfectly matched to your microphone.
- 【MULTI-SCENE APPLICATION】:Studio microphone mic wind screen pop filter mask shied is essential item for recording, speaking or singing; can be used for singing, voiceover, podcasts, vlogging and anywhere else you need quality sound.
- 【Functions】 Banish the dreaded hissing and lisping sounds that come when pronouncing the letter ""S"" and blocks those ugly ""plosives"" that follows ""B"" and ""P"".Swivel mount for easy installation.
- 【PACKAGE & GUARANTEE】:1 X Pop Filter.If you have any problem after receive this item, please don't hesitate to contact us, we will try our best to resolve all issues.
One of the most popular pop filters out there today, this little wonder by Earamble is what you would connect to your mic stand. It’s one of those industry-standard pop filters that have a metal screw thing.
You basically slide it along the mic stand and screw it in.
Love the “gooseneck” feature that allows it to spin and adjust in any way you like.
One of the most basic but solid pop filters out there.
Aokeo Professional Pop Filter
- Double Layered Screen Pop Filters: The first screen blocks air blasts as any pop filter normally would; The gap in between then disperses any remaining air pressure, so by the time it passes the second screen, the blast is easily contained to produce great quality recordings.
- Universally Compatible: Adjustable screw rotating clamp with scratch-proof gripper can secure variety tubular mounting booms or microphone stands. Eliminates anyone's extra elements that prevents them from recording/projecting their best vocals to the public or their audience.
- Adjustable Gooseneck: The steel metal gooseneck holder fully supports the filter's weight and keep it in place. You can adjust the angle and distance between the screen and the microphone to best fit your needs for yours lovely voice.
- Functions: Banish the dreaded hissing and lisping sounds that come when pronouncing the letter "S" and blocks those ugly "plosives" that follows "B" and "P". It is a great item for singers, streamers and actors alike who want help achieving the best possible performance and help protect the spitting all over your personal microphone.
- Easy To Use: Swivel mount for easy installation, removal and location adjustment. Aokeo Professional High Standard Microphones and Aokeo Premium Quality Stands are sold separately (NOT INCLUDED)
This pop filter seems to be a popular choice for a lot of people especially Blue Yeti microphone users. This pop filter is double layered so it does a darn good job in keeping your vocals nice and clean. Of course, it kind of depends on the audio interface you are using and general mic settings as well but if you got that part right, then don’t worry about the noise with this pop filter. The only thing I would add is I hope they upgrade the overall materials they use for this one. It does the job feels a little bit cheap.
Bee-life Pop Filter
- 1.【DOUBLE SCREEN POP FILTER】:The gap between the two screen can block unwanted popping in recording, busting the pops of ""S"",""P""s and ""B""s.Effectively reduce the plosive, wind interference, saliva spraying
- 2.【EASY TO SET UP】:The pop filter has a flexible 360° gooseneck clip stabilizing arm that can support its own weight and enough to hold the microphone stand and the inner rubber ring is perfectly matched to your microphone.
- 3.【MICROPHONE MATE】:The microphone pop filter perfect for Blue Yeti and any other microphone
- 4.【MULTI-SCENE APPLICATION】:Studio microphone mic wind screen pop filter mask shied is essential item for recording, speaking or singing; Commonly used in a recording studio
- 5.【PACKAGE & GUARANTEE]】:1 X Pop Filter(microphone is NOT included). We provide 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any problem after receive this item, please don't hesitate to contact us, we will try our best to resolve all issues.
This 6 inch wide (Circumference) pop filter is considered a mid-quality pop filter. It’s robust overall and most users really seem to enjoy it. If you are looking for a higher quality one, this may not be the right one but for beginners, it’s close to perfect.
Auphonix Microphone Pop Filter
- POP FILTER has a double layer of mesh to ensure the best recording free of distortion. No more post-production hassle trying to reduce the pop sounds.
- MICROPHONE POP FILTER has a flexible yet sturdy gooseneck holder which easily supports the weight of the shield, allowing for simple set-and-forget placement.
- MIC POP FILTER makes all your recordings sound professional. Even in video it's been shown that quality audio is much more important than a quality image. People will literally switch off the video if the sound is poor.
- POP SHIELD can be used for singing, voiceover, podcasts, vlogging and anywhere else you need quality sound.
- MICROPHONE POP WINDSCREEN comes with a money-back guarantee. If for any reason this does not meet your needs, let us know and we'll put things right for you.
I’m a big fan of double mesh screens because if you rap, you most likely spit a little bit now and then. That’s why the double mesh screens are a god sent. They also clean up the ‘hisses’ fairly well so if you are a rapper or a singer, the Auphonix microphone pop filter will really help you out.
Just like any quality pop filter, the Auphonix is easy to connect thanks to it’s gooseneck feature. The only thing we would suggest at this point is if they can improve the quality control on the mounting parts. Seems like they seem to degrade a bit faster than usual.
Auphonix MPF-2 Pop Filter
- Compatible with the Blue Yeti microphone, this pop filter clamps directly to the Blue Yeti and Yeti Pro. The simple clamp will not damage your beautiful microphone, and you do NOT need to drill a hole just to fix a pop filter.
- Don't have a Yeti? No problem, because you can use this pop shield with any other desktop USB microphone by clamping it on to your desk. Such an easy way to filter the pops from your podcasts, voiceovers or screen captures.
- Easily clamps to square/rectangular microphone arms - most pop filters are designed for tubular microphone stands, and not square/rectangular booms.
- Double screen mesh gives the best distortion-free recording without degrading the quality of your voice. Remove the pops and nothing else.
- Strong, yet pliable, gooseneck holder supports the weight of the filter head, and makes for trouble-free placement. Set it and forget it.
A pop filter that advertises it’s compatible with the Blue Yeti. That’s great and all but any pop filter can do that job can’t they?
Anyways, not to take anything away from this Auphonix 6 inch pop filter, it still has some very good reviews. Most people seem to love recording with it and if you’re getting the results that you want then what’s the issue right?
One thing is for sure, if you set this pop filter up properly, yout “pops” will be history.
Neewer Pop Filter
- Studio Microphone Mic Wind Screen Pop Filter Mask Shied^Essential item for recording
- speaking or singing.^It will help to ensure that your tracks are audible and easy to understand.^And also it will make sure your message loud and clear
- and banish the dreaded hissing and lisping sounds that come when pronouncing the letter "s" and the explosion of air that follows "b" and "p" with this microphone pop screen.^Double layer
- convenient and easy use.
Now you can pronounce your ‘s’ as much as you want thanks to the double layer ‘protection’ if you may that this Neewer studio pop filter provides.
By the way, the pictures don’t do this pop filter proper justice. Once it’s out of the box, it actually has some good weight to it and is considered a quality pop filter.
You’d be surprised how different audio sounds when recorded with mesh and without. Great job Neewer.
ZINGYOU PF-101 Pop Filter
Now if you’re looking for a sleek looking pop filter that actually works. You might not have heard of this brand yet but they are quickly winning fans. They have their own unique design and the best part, it works. Although it’s mostly made of plastic, it’s one of the smoothest and sturdiest pop filters around. Look out for this brand in the near future.