Having a DJ Controller is awesome but if you want to play in the public, you need some dj speakers.
Also known as “PA speakers”, these guys are designed to help you play in open spaces. There is a reason why the “P-A” stands for the Public Address system.
By the way, most DJ speakers come with built-in subwoofer too so you are never short on bass. I guess that’s a difference when compared to so-called normal speakers.
If you are outdoors or in a public place, these are the guys you need to hook up to your DJ controller or whatever system you have and off you go.
Yamaha DBR10 700 Speaker
- Bi-Amped, 10" Powered Speaker
- High Performance Main or Monitor Speaker
- 7-Year Warranty
- 700 Watts of Clean Digital Power, 129 dB SPL
- FIR-X Tuning and Frequency range (-10 decibel)-55Hertz - 20 kilo Hertz
When it comes to Yamaha, it’s fair to say that these guys are the best. Now when it comes to the Yamaha DBR10 700 speakers, the Yamaha DX doesn’t disappoint. At least that’s what the majority seems to say.
Lots of DJs use these and other event organizers as well. It has its own built-in amplifier and sub which will take any party to the next level.
Naturally, there are some experts who don’t like these due to whatever reason (Not enough bass, clarity, etc) but a whole bunch of people do seem to enjoy them.
The consensus seems to be that Yamaha DBR10 700 dj speakers are loud and proud and will take your next DJ or any other similar gig to the stratosphere
Behringer EuroLive DJ Speakers
- High-power 200-Watt 2-way PA sound reinforcement speaker system for live and playback applications
- Ultra-compact and light weight system delivers excellent sound even at extreme sound pressure levels
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Integrated sound processor for ultimate system control and speaker protection
One of my first studio monitors was made by Behringer so I will always have a special place for these guys.
Don’t worry though, this is not a bias review at all.
The overall built of these DJ speakers is solid and to be honest, that is something to expect from the Behringer team. They do make pretty reliable speakers and other similar equipment. No doubt about that.
However, don’t get it confused with being heavy in weight. The Behringer Eurolive are still considered lightweight so they are easy to move around.
These are nice loud dj speakers and for most, they seem to last a long time. Even more than 2 years or so.
TurboSound iQ10 DJ Speakers
- Turbosound iQ10 2500W 2-Way 10" Powered Loudspeaker - Turbosound 3 Year Limited Warranty (1 Year + 2 Year with Registration)
- 2 way full range loudspeaker for portable PA and installation applications
- 2,500 Watt power featuring KLARK TEKNIK Class-D technology
- KLARK TEKNIK Digital Signal Processing for total system control
- Speaker modelling includes accurate models of industry standard speakers
This is by far one of the most powerful DJ speakers out there. According to most users, the sound is nice and crisp and if you pair it with a woofer, well then you got a massive party on your hands. The Turbosound IQ10 is actually quite a sophisticated device that packs over 2000 watts in power.
Just make sure you got a big enough party to take a pair of these bad boys to.
Rockville RPG8 8″ 400 Watt 2-Way DJ Speakers
- Rockville RPG8 8" Active/Powered 400 Watts DJ PA Speaker System. 100-Watt RMS / 200 Watts Program Power / 400 Watts Peak. High power long-throw 8'' woofer with 2" aluminum voice coil provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power. Frequency Response: 50Hz-20KHz. Maximum SPL @1w/1m: 119dB peak / 116dB continuous.
- High-power 2-way pro sound reinforcement speaker system for live sound and playback applications. Compact and light weight system delivers distortion free sound even at extreme SPL. Linear Class AB amplifier technology: high power, transparent sonic performance. Internal switch-mode power supply for low distortion audio with superior transient response.
- Built-in bass and treble equalization processor for ultimate system control and speaker protection. State-of-the-art 1.35'' Japanese made pure titanium-diaphragm compression driver for crystal clear high-frequency reproduction. Ultra-wide dispersion, 40° large-format horizontal wave guide horn molded directly into cabinet.
- Ultra-low noise Mic / Line input via XLR & 1/4-inch stereo jacks with volume control. Line RCA and XLR input with separate Gain adjustment. Additional balanced line output via XLR for linking of additional speaker systems. Versatile trapezoidal enclosure design allows different positioning. Flyable and stand mounting with 35-mm pole socket.
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged high impact ABS construction. Amplifier clip limit LED indicator & power LED cabinet rear. Front display power meter Blue LED. Dimensions : 11.57" X 8.98" X 16.23".
If you just started playing local gigs, this would be a great choice. It’s quite popular among wedding DJs as well due to ease of mobility and decent sound.
The built-in woofer (Around 8″ inches) really makes this DJ speaker by Rockville a great overall product.
So if you’re on the go most of the time and are a somewhat up and coming intermediate DJ on the scene, this may be the right choice for you.
ElectroVoice ZLX DJ Speakers
- 1200 W (Peak), 127 dB peak SPL system that is reliability verified with over 500 hours of abuse testing and endurance testing to 4x typical industry practices
- 1.4 inch DH-1C (1 inch exit) titanium compression driver for extended transparent high-frequency response
- High-output EVS-10M woofer designed to exacting specifications for superior durability and exceptional low-frequency reproduction
- EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design provides precise and consistent coverage, minimal distortion, and maximized acoustical loading
- Professional-grade hardware: three M10 threaded mounting points for forged eyebolts, integrated pole-mounts and the proven ZLX two-handle design for easy lifting.Axial Sensitivity (SPL, 1 W @ 1 m):90dB
A common sighting at after-hours parties, the ElectroVoice ZLX is an immensely powerful model that is, nonetheless, relatively easy for one person to move and configure. The 15-inch model is a particularly effective unit that’s able to reach deep into the low-end.
JBL EON610 Portable DJ Speakers
- Purposeful Product Design
- JBL Waveguide Technology
- Bluetooth integration - iOS and Android supported Bluetooth v4.0 compliant interface for controlling master volume, adjusting the 5-way, user definable parametric EQ, and saving and recalling user presets.
- Durable #10 nylon coil zippers
Some say as far as the specifications go, these are the best in class. JBL is a well-respected brand and has been for quite some time so the feedback from its users doesn’t really surprise us.
Nice portable DJ speakers that you can count on for quite some time. They come in various sizes like 10″, 12″ or 15″ (Pretty standard sizes) and has BlueTooth integration as well.
A 10″ woofer combined with 500 watts of power will only bring some major music vibes to any event.
Mackie Thump 12″ DJ Speaker
- Package includes: Mackie Thump12A THUMP-12A 12" 1300 Watt Active DJ PA Speaker + Rockville TB12 Lightweight Rugged Speaker Bag Carry Case For 12" DJ PA Speakers
- Mackie Thump12A THUMP-12A 12" 1300 Watt Powered Active DJ PA Speaker, Class D. 12″ high-output woofer / 1.4″ titanium dome compression driver. 1300W of ultra-efficient Class-D power. LF -1000W. HF - 300W. Next-generation system protection and thermal limiting keep your system safe.
- All-new amplifier design with Dynamic Bass Response technology allows for incredibly fast transient response delivering more chest-thumping low-end than ever. Built-in 2-channel mixer features Vita preamps with Wide-Z technology to handle mic, line and instrument signals with ease. XLR thru output allows for simple wired connection to other Thump loudspeakers.
- Rockville TB12 Lightweight Rugged Speaker Bag Carry Case For 12" DJ PA Speakers. Water Resistant. Padded interior. Dual zippers. Dual handles. Interior Dimensions: (L x W x H) 24" x 14.5" x 14.5". Exterior Dimensions: (L x W x H) 24.5" x 15" x 15". Fits Speakers Such As:. Denon ELX112P. Electro-Voice ZLX-12P.
- Community DnD12. Turbosound iX12. Mackie Thump12. Alto Professional TS212. QSC K12.2. Rockville RPG12. Rockville RPG12BT. Rockville BPA12. Rockville RPG122K. Rockville SPGN124. Rockville SPGN128. Much More!
If you are looking for massive power and are not a household DJ name yet, the Mackie Thump is just what the doctor ordered.
With over 1200 watts of power, a woofer and your standard tweeters (Dome), you are bound to cause a ruckus wherever you start to spin those turntables.
By the way, this one actually comes with a nice speaker bag so you can lug it around with you wherever you plan to play your set again. Not bad at all . . .
Acoustic Audio by Goldwood Acoustic Audio PA-500X
If you are just starting out, and your pockets are well . . . these might be a good choice. Most who have tried these DJ speakers by Acoustic Audio by Goldwood (Yes that’s actually their name), are satisfied. Especially if you’re just having a fun little gathering at your house or a block party of some sort.
If something small and intimate is the goal, these dj speakers may just do the trick.